Sunday, October 10, 2010

what i learned/what i didn't learn

Sex Ed.  What was that?  5th grade?   I remember is was such a big deal... boys and girls were separated, permission slips were required in order to participate.  There was a hushed feeling beforehand, the sense that we were going to be given Important Information that would change our lives.  We were going to learn the mysteries of S-E-X.

So what did they teach me?  I remember posters of women's sex organs...the uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries.  Maybe there was a poster of a male's sexual parts, too.  I remember Kotex pads and omg, the belt.  (Yes, I'm that old.)   I remember thinking that I never wanted to menstruate if I had to wear one of those!

Thing is, I didn't learn about sex.  Didn't learn that there is actual pleasure involved.  Didn't learn that it could feel so. damned. GOOD.   Better than good, that it could make me want to promise anything for just one. more. time.

I certainly didn't learn that girls could love girls; long to kiss them, long to taste them, smell them, reach inside to explore the depths of passion buried there.  Didn't learn about the clitoris, or female ejaculation, or Wet, and what it's for.


They forgot to mention that some girls are boys, and that some boys are girls, and that some, like me, were all rolled into one.  Sex Ed, it seems to me, was intended to sterilize the whole affair in order to prevent us from wanting to explore the amazing power and adventure that sex can offer.  Fortunately for me, they didn't manage to turn me off of the idea completely, and I started on the path to learning what sex can truly be.

No comments:

Post a Comment